Thursday 7 August 2014

Welcome

I have decided to set up this blog so that all of my writing is in one place. I've always loved writing and recently the internet has opened up a lot of doors for me to expand my experience and get published by a variety of online zines. This blog will be kept like a portfolio but I would also love to hear what people think about my writing and perhaps we can trade short stories and poems and recommend books to each other as well. 

I'm going to end this post with a recent list I wrote of my 15 favourite things that I think is pretty accurate:
1. Earl Grey
2. Wordy poetic songs about love and loneliness
3. Style.com
4. Coconut water
5. Normcore
6. Beat poetry
7. Old films
8. Peaches and nectarines
9. The smell after rain on a warm day
10. When I get really in ~the zone~ when I'm writing something and don't stop for hours
11. Making zines
12. Reading articles/poems/novels that I connect with so much that it makes me cry
13. Summer evenings when the sky is pretty and the sun shines through the blinds into my bedroom
14. Cities
15. Being with people who I can talk to in a stream of consciousness without feeling too embarrassed

That's it. More articles/reviews/short stories/poems to come. I will create a page to list my favourite books.

Yours Truly, Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment